BS7858 is a government standard of screening used in an environment where the security or safety of people, goods or property is a requirement of the employing organisation. A BS7858 screening package is sometimes required for an accreditation or to reassure customers by displaying a high level of diligence.
What are the BS 7858 checks?
- Five year written employment verification;
- Employment gap verification and two gap references;
- Education – Required in the case of individuals that left full time education during the screening period;
- Registered unemployment/benefits – Periods of registered unemployment should be obtained from DWP or other government agencies. If records are not available it should be treated as incomplete history;
- Self-employment – Periods of self-employment should be confirmed from HMRC/accountants/solicitors/trade or client references. Evidence should be obtained to confirm the individual’s business was conducted properly and terminated satisfactorily;
- Credit check (including six year address history, electoral roll, CCJ, administration orders, insolvencies, and voluntary arrangements);
- Proof of current residence verification;
- Right to work document verification;
- Basic criminal disclosure;
- Two written character references.
If you would like more information on our employment screening services and advice on which one is right for your organisation, please contact us on either 0845 643 1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.