The FCA (previously Financial Services Authority, FSA) is the regulator of the financial services industry in the UK and an element of its regulations covers the recruitment of individuals into those roles which are said to be “controlled functions”. All those in an controlled function must be authorised to perform the specific role, so FCA regulated companies are advised to perform a level of pre-employment screening on these personnel.
Basic FCA Check
- FCA reference number;
- Current employer name and start date.
It also searches all previous companies worked for in a controlled function with start and end dates, and any disciplinary action taken through the FCA.
FCA approved persons check
This enhanced check includes:
- UK Electoral roll;
- UK CCJs;
- IVAs and bankruptcies covering the last six years;
- UK Directorships and disqualifications;
- Verification of the last five years employment history including gap analysis;
- Professional qualifications relevant to the role;
- International financial sanctions;
- Passport validation.
Two character references are also sought and the FCA registry is checked for disqualifications.
If you would like more information on our employment screening services and advice on which one is right for your organisation, please contact us on either 0845 643 1145 or email@example.com.