APCS is a family owned company and has been an umbrella body of the Disclosure and Barring Service since it began in 2002, growing steadily over the past 11 years. In 2010 we introduced our fully owned and operated online DBS check facility which has been fully tested, vetted and approved by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We currently provide our quality services to over 5000 organisations nationwide, and process tens of thousands of DBS checks each year.
- APCS has no connection with any other business and as a result we have no registration, annual or ‘top-up’ fees and no minimum requirements. We have designed, built and developed our system with the ease of use in mind, ensuring it is user friendly for individuals and employers alike. It only takes about 10 minutes to complete the application form and our contact details are present throughout should there be any support required during the process. We pride ourselves on our friendly, approachable manner and should there be any queries, we would encourage you to get in touch. Due to the lack of any third party involvement, we can offer our customers tailored packages with a range of payment options, to satisfy your recruitment needs.
For employers, we have developed a bespoke Management Reporting system, in which the employer can logon and see the status of single or multiple application,s track the applications and run reports on all applications processes. This system can be filtered when checking multiple applications, for example it can be filtered so only all disclosed applications are shown.
- Once a company is registered with us, they can commence submitting applications within one hour (providing the registration is during the office hours of Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm).
Our speed of service is second to none, with the fastest completed disclosure being sent back to our client in just 61 minutes!
There are two turnaround times to consider:-
1) How fast APCS turnaround your DBS/DS applications.
We turnaround the applications usually within 20 minutes of you doing the id checking on your applicants.
When the DBS finish processing the results we notify you by email within 6 minutes of us receiving the results.
APCS have arguably the fastest processing turnaround times in the industry!
2) How fast the DBS takes to process the application.
The DBS timelines vary. We keep a record of every application we send to the DBS to see how long they take to send the results back.
Please note:- No company or organisation has control over how long the DBS and local police forces take to process applications. Once the application has been submitted to the DBS, APCS have to wait until they send us the results back to us electronically.
Rest assured – Your in safe hands!
Should there be any delays by the DBS/Local police forces then APCS chase the applications at appropriate points on your behalf until they have been received back by the DBS. All part and parcel of our service!
APCS – Success built on Trust!
We do not charge any set up or registration fees. You pay only for the applications you submit.
The costs for disclosure clearance vary with the level of check. The government have their own set fees which are outlined below:
- Basic Disclosure: £25
- Standard Disclosure: £26
- Enhanced Disclosure: £44
(Please note that the standard and enhanced fees are not applicable if the applicant meets the volunteer status – see volunteer eligibility below. Please also note that there is not a volunteer status for basic disclosures)
We are able to offer competitive administration fees on all of our disclosures. Please call us today for a free, no obligation quote.
The DBS process applications from unpaid volunteers free of charge. Only the APCS administration charge applies.
The DBS define a volunteer as an applicant who is not in receipt of any payment (other than out of pocket expenses), and is:-
- Not on a work placement.
- Not on a course that requires them to do this job role.
- Not in a trainee position that will lead to a full time role or qualification.
- Not a foster carer or a member of the same household.
- Not a family member of a foster carer who acts as a ‘back-up carer’.
By ticking the volunteer box you are confirming that none of the above apply.
The DBS frequently challenge applications with a volunteer status that appears doubtful. If we can’t convince them that the status is correct, we are charged retrospectively for the application and we would have to pass the charge on to the organisation concerned.