By accessing this website and providing Access Personal Checking Services Ltd (trading as APCS) with your personal details, you agree to accept and be bound by the terms of this statement of fair processing which is summarised below. APCS have worked closely with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Disclosure Scotland (DS) to produce an online disclosure application route, which is an alternative to the standard paper forms. This allows you to complete your application at any location with internet access. Our online service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. When you supply any personal information to this site, we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with your data, as follows:
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as needed to meet the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met.
- We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We will provide a safe and secure experience for users of this site.
- We will ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out below.
Fair Processing Principles
- Your personal information is only processed with your knowledge.
- Only information that we actually need is collected and processed.
- Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
- Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required.
- Decisions affecting you are made on the basis of reliable and up to date information.
- Your information is protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
- Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible.
- Procedures are in place for dealing promptly with any dispute.
All information requested is used solely for the purpose of producing a disclosure certificate and is collected, stored and processed by APCS, the DBS and Disclosure Scotland in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will treat your personal information as confidential and we will not disclose it to any third party except: (i) with your prior agreement; (ii) as necessary for providing our online disclosure service to you; or (iii) as required by law.
Any organisation which uses the APCS online disclosure service is obliged to sign a service contract requiring them to:
- Abide by the Data Protection Act 1998
- Have a policy for secure storage, handling, use, retention and disposal of disclosures and disclosure information
The APCS online solution is hosted within an ISO27001 compliant environment, and all components of the service are protected by intrusion detection and intrusion prevention devices. Completed applications are fully encrypted and securely transferred to the DBS and Disclosure Scotland.